Dyeing Eggs Naturally
If you forgot to pick up your PAAS egg dying kit, or if you're looking for a natural way to dye eggs, this is an amazing alternative.
How did I do it? With tea!
Randy and I drink a lot of tea, so we had a pretty good stash in our pantry. My method was to use any of the teas that we didn't really care for, and I selected 5 different types for these eggs. Obviously, you can't expect a wide variety of colors or the same level of vibrancy you would get from food coloring, but it is pretty amazing to see what some simple ingredients can do.
Here are the instructions:
1. Hard boil eggs as you usually would. Boil water for the tea at the same time.
2. Pick out your mugs and put the tea bags plus 2 tablespoons of vinegar in each.
3. When the water boils, pour it into the mugs. Steep for at least 10 minutes before removing the bags.
4. Drain the eggs and add them to the tea.
5. After about an hour or so, you'll notice that the eggs have a "film" of color on them. I wiped them off and placed them back into the now-cool tea.
6. Leave the eggs in the tea in the fridge overnight.
7. Take out the eggs and lightly pat them to dry. Voila!
8. Share your pictures on our social media.